AdSense2

Monday, October 27, 2014

Don't worry, be happy...

I read a good article somewhere that said that nothing matters to your kids more than your level of happiness at your own life. It said that your job doesn't matter, your level of education doesn't matter, whether you were single, divorced, gay or straight, blue or green, or anything. The most secure thing for a child, is having a parent who is happy with their life. or something like that. I wholeheartedly believe this, as right now in my life nothing gives me greater joy then knowing my parents are happy, and my baby being healthy and happy as well!

What new parent doesn't, but I have been thinking a lot about my own upbringing, which was very, very catholic. It was oftentimes very stressful and instead of bringing me peace, it could be a great source of fear and worry. Not necessarily good for a child.

Thinking on all this really makes me realize that I need to spend a lot more time with my spiritual self, I really have been neglecting it and I don't like how that feels.

The one thing I am sure of right now is that I need to do right by my child. so for him, I will be happy with me. I will strive everyday to be present and enjoy the wonder and life my little one gives me.  And we'll figure out the rest as we go, together.
My bebes realizing he can look through the
crack on the stroller and see mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment