Thursday, November 20, 2014

Brussels Sprout Fiasco

Last night I was preparing one of my favorite dishes, roasted brussels sprouts with lemon & anchovies. I took my perfectly roasted brussels sprouts out of the oven, and as I have done a million times before, I placed the hot baking dish right on the ceramic counter. 

And it exploded.


I had glass powder in my shirt. I found a chunk of glass later in my bra. A chunk lodged itself into my hand when I was digging out the glass shards that somehow made their way into the garbage disposal.

I should have taken a pic, but I was sad and in shock.

The worst part of all of this was that I couldn't eat my brussels sprouts.

Turns out, it exploded because the counter was wet. I have put hot glass on the counter millions of times, I guess it was always dry before...huh.

No comments:

Post a Comment