AdSense2

Thursday, November 6, 2014

What's the Best Escape?

Oh I just love this!
I have different escapes, sometimes it's just getting out of the house and reaching a destination other than errands, sometimes it's scuba diving, sometimes it's getting up early on a Saturday and washing the floors in my pajamas while everyone is still asleep. Really though, it's books. I can get lost in a story like no other. 

I especially love when I fall in love with a series. When I was in my older teen, young twenties years I read all of Anne Rice's books and I loved the immortal world she painted. The movie 'Interview with the Vampire' is one of my favorites.
I also really loved reading the 'Twilight' series. Vampires of a different nature. I got so sad when I finished the last book, I just picked up the first one and read them all over again!
Obviously Harry Potter is high up on the list. Nothing can even compare. I have read the series twice now, and am thinking I will do so again this winter.
Jane Austen's books, of course.
Michael Crichton's novels always blow my mind. I get sucked in so fast and finish the books within a day or two. Don't even try speaking to me.
'Girl with the Dragon Tattoo'. These books are adult, intense, rich, fulfilling. I thought the movie was done so well. The American version, I couldn't really get hooked into the Swedish version. I really do hope they do movies for books 2 and 3. Pleeeaaase.
'The Mysterious Island' and '20,000 Leagues Under the Sea' by Jules Verne. LOVE. I wish I had read these when I was 12. 
'The Secret Garden' and 'A Little Princess' by Francis Hodgson Burnett. Again, I wish I had read these when I was 12.
I just finished reading 'In the Woods' and I really liked it, but it left a huge gaping hole at the end and I didn't particularly like that. Right before that I read 'Shadow of the Wind' which was very good. Now I'm reading 'The Goldfinch', and up next is 'Gone Girl'.
What is your escape? What are your favorite books? What are you reading right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment