AdSense2

Friday, April 23, 2010

Vegetable Cheese Soup

I made vegetable cheese soup. I got the idea from a lady at work, whenever she heats up her broccoli soup it smells AMAZING. So I finally tasted some, and decided to make some soup of my own. Sorry lady, my soup kicks your soups ass...and I didn't add any flour (who puts flour in a soup?)

32 oz. chicken broth
32 oz. milk

16 oz. velveeta - cubed

16 oz. mushrooms
- sliced
1 large white onion - chopped (I like big chops)

2 small broccoli heads (?) cut down to tree tops (I'm still 5 yrs. old)

1 large red pepper
- chopped
1 large green pepper
- chopped
2 cups baby carrots - sliced

salt & pepper


Bring chicken broth to a boil, add mushrooms - cook 5 minutes, add onion - cook 5 minutes, add milk - heat, add all of the vegetables - cook 20 minutes, if you want your veggies cooked more fully then cook longer, I like my veggies crunchy a bit still, so I try not to cook them too long. Add the cheese when the soup is done, it will slightly thicken the soup and stick to the bottom if left heating, so add the cheese, stir till dissolved, and serve. I literally had to to stir it 3 times and it was completely dissolved. Salt and pepper to taste.

Oh my yummy, it turned out exactly how I dreamed it would, I could have eaten more but my boyfriend said don't be a pig. Jerk.
Wonderful night, I like hanging out with V, she's chill and we do randomness and it's nice :) We watched The Young Victoria and this was the wine (see below) I grabbed it from the grocer because I liked the label, I liked it, especially the label, notice the label, isn't the label pretty? I did like the wine too...


No comments:

Post a Comment